Kitchell Development Company is seeking a Senior Director of Development for our Phoenix based real estate development team who will identify, analyze and manage the successful development of commercial real estate projects within targeted asset classes and markets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Source the acquisition of industrial, retail, multi-family or office development projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with national, regional and local tenants, brokers, joint-venture partners, other developers and landowners in an effort to identify new real estate development projects.
- Direct the analysis of new prospective projects including site due diligence, tenant demand analysis, market studies, site planning and design, proforma development and investment analysis. Present to internal investment committee.
- Participate in making management decisions with respect to the feasibility of development opportunities.
- Manage all pre-development and entitlement efforts with the assistance of the Director of Design and Construction.
- Assist Director of Finance in preparation of project financing and coordination of loan closings.
- Prepare and maintain project proformas monthly throughout all stages of the development project.
- With the assistance of 3rd party attorneys, negotiate purchase & sale agreements, joint-venture agreements, operating agreements, letters-of-intent, leases and other related real estate development agreements.
- Prepare leasing reports, forecasts and lease abstracts.
- Select brokerage team and negotiate brokerage agreements.
- Direct the marketing/leasing program to ensure timely lease-up of the project.
- Identify and contact prospective tenants.
- Work with the Director of Design and Construction in the management of site planning, project theming, design, permitting, construction and turnover to tenant.
- Assist in the project turnover to property management operations.
- Assist in the project disposition process.
- Provide periodic project updates to partners and executive management.
- Participate in annual business planning.
- Participate in real estate organizations such as NAIOP, ICSC, ULI and outside charities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate shall have a 4-year college degree in Business Administration, Commercial Real Estate, Economics or related field.
- A minimum of 10 -15 years work experience in a similar capacity in commercial real estate development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of all facets of commercial real estate development.
- Knowledge of industrial, retail, office and multi-family real estate asset classes.
- Knowledge of the metro Phoenix real estate development landscape.
- Must have technical knowledge and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and facilitation skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently inspects the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions, while wearing personal protective equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions due to work activities occurring both inside and outside.
- While performing the duties of this job, the position is moderately active and the employee is frequently standing, walking, reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- The position may also be sitting for long periods of time.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
- The position is based out of our Phoenix office.
- Travel will be required throughout metropolitan Phoenix and beyond on occasion.
- Valid Motor Vehicle Record with no restrictions or suspensions.
- Ability to drive a motorized vehicle.