CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2013 revenue). The Company has approximately 44,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through approximately 350 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our website atwww.cbre.com.
Based in Santa Barbara, CA, this office provides consulting services, cloud and server-based software tools, and statistical indices that solve real estate business problems through robust data analytics. While the work is fast paced and challenging, the environment is casual and flexible.
The manager position for the CBRE Business Analytics group is responsible for managing analytic processes and strategies. The manager acts as a team leader for experienced analysts executing real estate business intelligence projects for CBRE s clients. Projects will be focused on data integration, warehousing, and visualization to optimize client portfolio operations across all service lines: facilities management, project management, finance, portfolio administration, cost forecasting, etc.
The manager will help lead the Expert Solutions Center Ongoing Support team post-delivery of initial projects. The Ongoing Support team focuses on maintaining and enhancing our business intelligence projects. The manager position will be responsible for overseeing all project work by the analysts, implementing the proper technical solution, and ensuring completion of deliverables in a timely manner. S/he will work closely with senior management to ensure overall project progress and client satisfaction. The manager works closely with our clients, the analysts, and the database technical team to create our business intelligence solution: automate data collection from source operational systems, aggregate and standardize the information in a data warehouse, and develop Tableau dashboards that leverage the warehouse to generate meaningful client insights.
Furthermore, the manager position may be responsible for executing projects by him/herself. For these projects, the manager will perform both technical lead and project manager responsibilities for business intelligence and facility cost analyses projects. In collaboration with CBRE colleagues and clients, s/he will define business requirements, support collection of data requirements, collaborate with the technical team for the automation data ingestion and integration, design and develop visualizations, and present results to clients. This position is expected to act as primary contact for fewer projects than a dedicated analyst to focus on team management.
The ideal candidate possesses a broad skill set. Required skills include: advance project and team management, strong client-facing communications, and experience in data modeling and Tableau. Experience in the corporate real estate outsourcing industry is strongly preferred. Minimum of five or more years of experience. Advanced degree not required but preferred. Office is based in Goleta, CA but work from home or another CBRE office is an option.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements and maintains key processes to be followed by the team and other strategic activities for specific engagements and clients as required.
- Oversee overall project delivery for business intelligence projects for a variety of corporate and government clients.
- Review project deliverables including Tableau dashboards, formal reports, PowerPoint briefings, etc.
- Lead client presentations (both in-person and virtually) of project progress meetings and presentations of results.
- Problem solve technical issues and client questions. Escalate issues to senior management and dedicated technical team as needed.
- Continuous review and improvement of project processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise on data-related processes and analyses.
- Assigns tasks, responsibilities, evaluates and mentors staff.
- Perform both technical lead and project manager responsibilities for business intelligence and facility cost analyses projects for a variety of corporate and government clients.
- Create, maintain and optimize creative data visualizations and dashboards (primarily in Tableau) to derive actionable intelligence.
- Aggregation and analysis of quantitative data; forecast and trending of performance data.
- Collect key financial and real estate portfolio data from clients for inclusion in cost models.
- Develop and refine facility cost models for operating and maintain a real estate portfolio using CBRE proprietary software and other analytical tools.
- Prepare formal written reports describing project methodology, scope, key assumptions, and results.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position will supervise a team of analysts. Provides formal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. Leads project teams and/or plan and supervises assignments of employees. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university. Master s degree or MBA preferred. Minimum five+ years of related experience and/or training. Previous project management, business analytics or related experience preferred. Advanced skills in planning, database management/business intelligence.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
None required. PMP (Project Management Professional) designation preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
DATA MANAGEMENT AND ANALYTICS
Experience with data management and analysis. Skilled in dashboard design and development. Experience with Tableau is required. Proficiency in database technologies such as Microsoft Access or SQL Server is preferred.
FINANCIAL AND STATISTICAL KNOWLEDGE
Requires basic knowledge of financial and statistical terms and principles.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex data sets. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite Products, particularly Excel. Comfortable working independently and collaboratively.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans