Saxum Real Estate, one of the fastest growing Tri-State private equity real estate firms, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Accountant & Property Coordinator in its Summit, NJ, office. Ideal for the professional with 1-3 years of experience in accounting, real estate, property management or lease administration who would like to further develop their career in these areas. The person who fills this newly created position will work closely with Saxum’s Controller and Saxum’s Head of Property Management.
- Prepare monthly journal entries with supporting documentation and appropriate descriptions
- Assist with developing budgets and reforecasts, track costs to budget, prepare and submit construction draws with lender
- Compile financial statements and reports, and provide explanations for any Income Statement account(s) with variances in excess of prescribed thresholds versus budget
- Conduct semi-monthly check runs / complete bank reconciliations / prepare and send 1099s
- Assist Controller with tax return prep and distribute K-1s in a timely manner
- Coordinate with property vendors: contacts, invoices, W9s, insurance, etc.
- Code invoices for property level accounts and enter in RealPage
- Assist with lease abstracts and administration
- Prepare, review and analyze tenant CAM charges and reconciliations
- Support receivables by tracking and following up tenant delinquency
- Coordinate with relevant parties all inspections, walkthroughs, etc. at properties
- Track and maintain annual inspection dates for sprinklers, alarms, extinguishers and elevators
- Process work order requests from tenants
- Compile due diligence documentation for property acquisitions
- Create and track move-in checklists for tenants
- Respond to requests for service and assistance
- Other duties as assigned
Strong candidates will be
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communicator with exceptional customer service skills
- Adept at following through projects and tasks to completion
- Motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled at multitasking and problem solving
- Proactive team member who takes pride in their work
- Eager to learn and seeking to grow a career in real estate
- Good listener, willing to ask questions
- Dependable, takes responsibility for own work, completes work on time
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience with RealPage preferred
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid time off.
Saxum Real Estate is a vertically-integrated investment and development firm whose current pipeline extends across multiple property types. Current projects include office, retail, medical and multi-family asset classes ranging from adaptive reuse to ground-up development with individual total capitalizations totaling $10MM - $100MM+. Current portfolio and pipeline includes over 500,000 SF of ground-up development of office, retail and 1,250 apartments.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.