Toorak Capital Partners (“Toorak”) is an integrated correspondent lending platform that funds small balance business purpose residential, multifamily and mixed-use loans throughout the U.S. and the United Kingdom. Headquartered in Summit, NJ, Toorak acquires and manages loans directly from private lenders that originate high credit quality loans. Toorak is a recognized leader in mortgage credit in the residential and commercial space, real estate lending, capital markets, securitization, asset-liability management, and asset management.
The Residential Appraisal Reviewer will be a member of the Credit Department and be responsible for the review and processing of appraisal valuations prior to loan purchase. This position provides active input and review of 1-4 family residential bridge and 30-year property valuations. The Appraisal Reviewer will help determine the acceptability and credibility of each appraisal by working with lenders, appraisal firms and third-party review firms. In addition, the position will also help formulate strategy and underwriting guidelines and help the firm on miscellaneous credit initiatives.
- Review specific appraisals to ensure the value is reasonable in the context of the market
- Prepare reports and make recommendations regarding new or revised operational procedures or automated systems
- Actively participate in the credit review and acquisition process to ensure loans are adhering to company policy. Will include working with other professionals both internally and externally.
- Implement and oversee approved appraisal providers by systematically identifying strong appraisers, AMC best practices and do not use lists.
- Maintain knowledge of appraisal standards, regulatory guidelines (USPAP and FIRREA), internal policies and generally accepted appraisal standards.
- Ensure key appraisal assumptions are analyzed and thoroughly supported
- Participate in client conversations, phone calls, company presentations, etc.
- 5-10 years of residential appraisal review experience either working for a lender or as a third-party appraisal reviewer.
- Expertise to include transitional/bridge loans and construction underwriting to help evaluate the sufficiency of construction budgets when evaluating appraisals on both an “As Is” and “ARV” basis.
- State licensed as a Certified Residential Appraiser in both New York and New Jersey
- College degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business, Economics or related field
- Strong modeling skills in Excel and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while working independently in a fast-pace environment
- Position is located in Summit, NJ
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job