Plan, develop, and initiate the best approach to maintain and repair all aspects of both the interior and the exterior of the physical plant, and create the best sheet of ice and environment possible. Oversee maintenance and repair of all mechanical, electrical systems and equipment at KeyBank Center, LECOM Harborcenter and 79 Perry.
- Work as shift stationary engineer and house electrician.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational problems of the physical plant.
- Lead and supervise all Engineering/Maintenance personnel as required.
- Plan, schedule, and work on maintenance projects.
- Maintenance and repair of all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and equipment.
- Comply with local, state, and federal codes as well as NHL requirements.
- Purchase and inventory equipment and supplies.
- Propose and supervise capital budget projects.
- Maintain DOH website reports for cooling tower cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintain grounds, including snow removal.
- Maintain energy efficient operation of the physical plant.
- Work safely and promote and create a safe work environment.
- Train and evaluate employees.
- Keep supervisor updated as necessary.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information and issues.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
Education / Training
- A technical or vocational electrical school diploma is required; College degree preferred.
- A valid Chief Stationary Engineer License issued by the City of Buffalo, New York is required.
- Five (5) years of general building maintenance and five (5) years working as a stationary engineer with centrifugal chiller experience is required.
- A thorough knowledge of the operation, repair and maintenance of low-pressure boilers, pumps, HVAC and other equipment is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the repair of electrical and mechanical fixtures and equipment is required.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and wiring diagrams required.
- Working knowledge of and experience with ammonia refrigeration systems is required.
- A working knowledge of computerized building automation systems, strong electrical background,
- Hockey rink maintenance and operation are preferred.
- On call 24 / 7.
- Must be able to use hand tools, power tools, and climb ladders.
- Must be able to continuously stand and walk a minimum of 8 hours.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, twist, stoop, push and pull over the course of a shift.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds, and work on catwalks and man lifts at high elevations.
- Maximum body weight cannot exceed 280 pounds to comply with safety limitations of equipment.
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather.
- Travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Western New York Arena, LLC retains the right to change this job description at any time.
- Facilities Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.