Retail Real Estate development & private equity firm is seeking a head of Acquisitions & Capital Markets to source, evaluate, and capitalize new necessity retail developments and redevelopments.
This position will report to the CEO. The company is focused on the necessity retail space. There is a tremendous opportunity and a dislocation in the market for developing and redeveloping well located value add properties in the market. The company is in the perfect position to execute on its plan to acquire properties with redevelopment/repositioning potential & select infill ground up pad developments with retailers & QSRs who are performing well. The Individual will have a strong background in the Retail real estate sector. The Position will have a primary focus on sourcing new deals and capital markets by maintaining existing banking & equity relationships as well as build new ones.
- Identify potential strategic retail real estate investment opportunities through existing and new relationships. The candidate will also bring a number of broker and retailer relationships to the table.
- Business development – Be able to source new opportunities by leveraging existing personal and company networks
- Support arranging, underwriting, negotiating and management of the due diligence process and closing of funding transactions.
- Hands on with all aspects of investment cycle including but not limited to: raising equity, acquisitions of assets, and dispositions
- Organize financial strategy with capital markets, acquisitions, and asset management teams
- Contribute to the sale process in terms of strategy, pricing, listings and negotiations relative to the disposition program and other areas
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred in finance, real estate or related field
- 10+ years or relevant experience
- Proven track record of sourcing deals and fundraising
- National retail acquisition experience
- Familiar with handling deal-by-deal investing
- Network of key market HNW and Institution/Pension Investors
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Argus, & Yardi applications
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment financial underwriting mastery required
- Tech savvy and up to date on current trends in real estate and technology.
- Excellent Communication and people skills required – Team oriented environment
- Personal integrity & honesty is a must
- Capital Markets
- Necessity Retail – Grocery/Drug, QSR, Service & other daily needs
- Capital Markets
- Investor Relations
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job