When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
*Position level (Analyst or Associate) will depend on candidate qualifications and experience.
As an Asset Management Analyst or Associate with Hines, you will assume day-to-day asset management responsibility for a 5.3 million square foot Bay Area office/R&D portfolio, reporting directly to the head of Bay Area asset management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and collaborate with senior leadership to effectively coordinate diverse internal and external stakeholders and consultants
- Oversee 3rd party leasing teams and negotiate complex lease transactions
- Develop, monitor, analyze and adjust budgets, cash flow projections and future leasing assumptions
- Perform detailed underwriting analysis to support strategic and tactical project decision making
- Collaborate with acquisition team members on due diligence, underwriting assumptions and overall investment strategies
- Assist the senior asset management team in negotiating and managing leases, joint venture documents, loan documents, and other agreements with vendors and partners
- Develop and communicate asset reporting to numerous partners and investors with varying degrees of complexity
- Collaborate with operations/engineering teams on day to day project management initiatives
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Two or more years of commercial real estate experience (Bay Area preferred)
- Experience in financial analysis and/or real estate underwriting in a 'live deal' environment
- Experience in sourcing, evaluating and negotiating leases
- Advanced knowledge of ARGUS and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build consensus across external and internal stakeholders
- Strong experience working in dynamic, team-based work environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to think creatively and contribute to project success
- Highly motivated, with the ability to advance initiatives without significant oversight
- Portfolio Management/Accounting experience a plus
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 225 cities in 25 countries. Hines has approximately $144.1 billion of assets under management, including $75.5 billion for which Hines serves as investment manager, including non- real estate assets, and $68.6 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 165 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,426 properties, totaling over 472 million square feet. The firm's current property and asset management portfolio includes 576 properties, representing over 246 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
2+ to 5 years