Madison Capital Group, LLC is a private real estate investment firm that is focused on the acquisition, development, and management of commercial properties throughout the U.S. MCG is seeking an established acquisitions professional with extensive acquisitions and asset management experience with a focus on the Net Lease and Industrial sector. This position will be based in our Newport Beach office and work directly with the CEO, particulary on the syndication of assets through Broker Dealers, Fund Investors, and RIAs. Madison currently has offices in Charlotte, Nashville, and Charleston.
Madison’s current portfolio consists of self-storage and multifamily assets with a focus on the Sunbelt region with a value of approximately $1.5 billion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive understanding of market fundamentals across our target asset classes. Source and screen opportunities generated through market contacts to identify relative value and strategic fit for various Stockbridge clients
- Effectively communicate acquisition opportunities to the CEO, Investors, and Investment Committee
- Develop working relationships with key leasing/investment sale brokers, developers, property owners and operating partners
- Oversee analysts and associates to underwrite, present, diligence and close transactions. Develop and be responsible for the assumptions and financial projections relied upon for each transaction
- Prepare and/or oversee internal and external presentations and memos regarding proposed new investments
- Negotiate Letters of Intent, Purchase and Sale Contracts and Joint Venture Agreements. Analyze and manage results of third-party consultant reports.
- Present acquisition recommendations to CEO and investment committee
- Minimum 5-10 years of acquisition/asset management experience in the Net Lease space and potentially Industrial or Self-Storage
- 5-8 years of real estate finance experience and strong experience with financial modeling
- Established track record of sourcing and closing transactions
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with Argus Enterprise preferred
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as strong verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently
- Leadership ability to direct and mentor Analysts and Associates
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with accuracy under strict deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial perspective.
- A cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; responsive and good at follow-through
Travel will be required for periodic acquisitions related property visits.
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job