LivCor, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
The Asset Manager will be responsible for maximizing the value of the firm's assets located in Atlanta, GA. This individual will develop and execute an asset management strategy encompassing property leasing, capital expenditures, and third-party manager relationships. The Asset Manager will also collaborate with Blackstone representatives on regional investment activities, including due diligence efforts, investment market assessments and property underwriting assumptions. This person will have regional responsibility and will manage through third party service providers, including property management firms and leasing brokers. The person in this role will be a member of the asset management team and will have a significant responsibility for, and impact on, the portfolio's financial performance.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
- With a thorough knowledge of market performance and real estate operations, collaborate with marketing, revenue management, accounting, financial planning & analysis, capital investment, renovation, and income strategy departments to formulate and execute strategies intended to maximize portfolio value and report performance results to leadership.
- Leverage monthly and quarterly financial statements, business intelligence software, and a host of analytical tools to identify property and portfolio underperformance to budget and/or market benchmarks and collaborate with the relevant team members to correct issues.
- Incorporate a value-oriented approach to each asset by analyzing revenue opportunities and providing direction supported by financial models to justify major capital investments and financial decisions.
- Forge strong relationships with operating partners and work through challenges and communicate concerns up internal and external chains of command when expectations are not being met. Work closely with property teams to establish leasing goals.
- Conduct frequent physical inspections of each property in assigned portfolio to develop a thorough understanding of each property and its challenges, assess implementation of strategic initiatives, assess operational and management performance, and identify opportunities for improvement and communicate those opportunities among relevant internal and external teams.
- In collaboration with the CapEx team, assess the capital needs/expenditures by property and work with capital investment team to develop a long-term cap ex plan for the portfolio that corresponds to stated strategy.
- Identify and oversee repositioning opportunities. Monitor market trends for opportunities to add value through renovation, expansion or repositioning of the assets and make recommendations accordingly. Supervise design selections and implementation to ensure ROI expectations are consistently met.
- Take active role in creation of annual operating and capital budgets. Collaborate with teams and impart property and market knowledge to create comprehensive budgets that meet targeted investment strategies and objectives.
- Develop and maintain an extensive network of industry relationships to stay current on regional and local market trends.
- 50% travel required.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Real Estate, or other relevant area.
- 5+ years of acquisition or asset management experience for a regional portfolio of 5,000 – 8,000+ units, multiple MSA’s.
- Familiarity with the general principles of real estate, including operations and analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, cash management and general accounting.
- Demonstrated financial and analytical ability to define and execute asset management strategy, including leasing and property management via 3rd party providers.
- Experience with investment due diligence process along with the ability to provide local market leasing assumptions and competitive intelligence.
- Strong self-starter that thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple and evolving priorities and deadlines.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
LivCor is proud to be a US EPA ENERGY STAR® Partner
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job