When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Facilities/Property Manager with Hines, you will have full responsibility and commensurate authority for the management of all maintenance and operations functions, budget, and assigned personnel at a leased site. Responsible for maintaining highest level of customer service by responding to client service requests dispatched through a central help desk, scheduling preventive maintenance, providing support to other Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management department groups, and all business unit administrators. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with site occupants, contractors, and clients.
- Handle the administration and management of all activities related to interior maintenance, cleaning, and client service requests, including proper insurance certificates are on file for all vendors working on site.
- Manage all fiscal activities of the property and maintain full P&L responsibility.
- Manage all client service requests and communication to requestor and business unit manager. Ensure requests are processed correctly, properly recorded in the work order system, and completed in a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with all occupying business units. Meet with business unit representatives on a regular basis to dispense information related to facility support and solicit input.
- Support all project and move managers for construction and move projects including the provision for freight elevator scheduling, construction cleaning, file clean-outs, and move box delivery.
- Assist in support of special events planned by others in on-site dining, training, and meeting rooms.
- Coordinate efforts with landlord base building management to ensure effective resolution of issues affecting both the building and the organization.
- Inspect all facilities, identify discrepancies, and coordinate repairs.
- Provide information and direct input in major fiscal activities, including budget preparation, financial planning and variance analysis. Provide economic justification for expenses including bidding of large purchase and/or price evaluation.
- Ensure proper and timely payment of all accounts payable including the coding, verification of accuracy, approval and forwarding for payment.
- Submit monthly required reporting for the site, including metrics, project accomplishments and open issues.
- Develop and manage annual budgets and monthly variance reporting for the site.
- Review and approve vendor invoicing ensuring all required back-up has been provided.
- Comply with all company, client, and regional policies.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, facilities management, or engineering preferred.
- Three or more years of related real estate/facilities work experience.
Must be a licensed real estate professional.
Three years’ accounting/accounting reporting experience.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- P&L responsibility and budgetary experience.
Hines is a global real estate investment, development and property manager. The firm was founded by Gerald D. Hines in 1957 and now operates in 28 countries. We manage a $92.3B¹ portfolio of high-performing assets across residential, logistics, retail, office and mixed-use strategies. Our local teams serve 634 properties totaling over 225 million square feet globally. We are committed to a net zero carbon target by 2040 without buying offsets. To learn more about Hines, visit and follow @Hines on social media. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of June 30, 2022.
Visit for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
2+ to 5 years