The Company which is a diversified real estate private equity investment and development firm with a national footprint and a portfolio in excess of $2B in capitalization is seeking a seasoned, highly motivated and hands on real estate professional to serve as the Controller. You will be a vital member of our finance and accounting team and will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations and reporting for our diverse portfolio of real estate investments and funds. Your strategic financial leadership will contribute to the growth and success of our investment initiatives, providing you with a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the world of real estate finance. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with an intense entrepreneurial spirit, excellent quantitative and communication skills, relentless attention to detail, and an all-encompassing passion for real estate.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage each investment and funds’ accounting and reporting functions, ensuring accurate and timely financial information for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that an effective internal control environment is maintained by completing monthly financial analysis, including but not limited to, balance sheet, incomes statement, bank reconciliations, review of A/P and A/R, journal entries, general ledger.
- Collaborate closely with asset management, development, construction, and other departments to streamline processes and optimize investment performance.
- Manage development and construction draws with external third parties, equity and debt partners.
- Manage each investment’s annual tax and audit process, liaising with external auditors and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
- Monitor asset expenses, cash flow, and budgeting, implementing strategies to enhance cost efficiency.
- Oversee all banking and treasury functions, ensuring compliance and internal controls.
- Drive process improvements and system enhancements to optimize accounting operations and reporting accuracy.
- Collaborate with legal to ensure investment structures and financial activities align with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee Company’s third parties (HR/PEO, IT, Operations)
- Manage Company’s as well as investment insurance (GL, Property, Umbrella, D&O/E&O)
- Mentor and lead a team of accounting and operational professionals, fostering their growth and development.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Minimum 7 years+ of accounting experience within a real estate company.
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong understanding of fund structures, investment strategies, and financial markets.
- Significant skill-set to spearhead all accounting functions and the ability to create and run processes and procedures.
- Systems-oriented with deep knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to work with various accounting, property management and leasing database systems (RealPage is a plus).
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced team environment.
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and education level
- Full benefits package available
Apply for this job