FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Full-time
Position Title: Administrative Associate
Reports To: Managing Director, Development
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Date: September 2018
Administrative Associate Overview: Under the direction of Managing Director, Development, provide day-to-day professional quality and timely administrative support for all staff. Perform and coordinate various administrative functions including front desk administration, meeting and special event planning, presentation support, production requests, document and records management, office supply requisitions, and expense report and vendor management activities. Serve as the technology liaison between the parent company resources and/or managed service provider and staff. In coordination with the parent company, support the planning and execution of the safety and security of the staff.
Typically, with a minimum of three years of experience, demonstrate strong communication, organization, and strong attention to detail and initiative, remaining proactive and flexible relative to managing priorities, meeting professional standards, and performing vendor coordination activities. Capable of working independently or in a small collaborative team environment. Must be open to and appreciate constructive feedback as a mechanism for professional development.
- Primarily ensure entry, guest waiting area, administrative, and conference areas present a professional and orderly image and are absent of excessive items. Greet visitors and callers, route and resolve information requests in a friendly, customer-oriented manner.
- Remain accountable to perform day-to-day organization and management of conference, team rooms, and guest workstations, including setting up and facilitating technology resources during company meetings. Coordinate space and office organization, and as needed, coordinate with parent company staff.
- Assist with preparing reporting packages, presentations, special projects and other duties which require proofreading, photocopying, filing, printing, collating and binding. Ensure application of correct use of the English language, including grammar, spelling, punctuation and layout. Provide professional quality and timely general administrative support to all staff.
- Prepare and coordinate approval of accurate billable hours, timely expense reimbursements and payment of invoices, according to policies and procedures.
- Support organization of company and project files by downloading, organizing and transferring company and project files to the proper destination on a consistent basis.
- Exercise due care and in accordance with company policy when accessing National’s systems and information assets, ensuring that, as appropriate, the confidentiality and privacy of data is maintained at all times.
- As requested, remain accountable for the planning, preparation, and coordination of professional quality internal and external special meetings and events, including food and beverages, as needed.
- Primary responsibility for mail and delivery collection and distribution. Maintain publications, periodicals, subscriptions and professional memberships as needed.
- Manage routine organization of production room and sufficient office supply requisitions, ensuring efficiency and control.
- Support vendor management activities, including coordinating facilities maintenance, service calls and new equipment acquisition in a timely manner. Lead management of copier and printer maintenance, specialty paper supply orders and service requests.
- Serve as the technology liaison between the parent company resources and/or managed service provider and staff including testing, identifying and resolving basic end user problems related to hardware and software, email, internet and the peripheral and audio/video systems. Report all IT issues to the parent company in a timely manner.
- Remain accountable to support the administration of the company telecommunications system; setting up and training employees, facilitating calls and online meetings, and managing special phone administration requests.
- Maintain company, senior management and team calendars, as requested and appropriate.
- Support the planning and execution of National’s Safety and Security Program, ensuring the office implements and follows the procedures associated with the program. Make safety recommendations and provide feedback to the program administrator when applicable.
- Primarily serve as a parent company liaison assisting with new hire orientation set-up and training for new employees, to include administration overview, welcoming new employees, ensuring work area is properly set-up with equipment and supplies, and collecting and scanning of employment paperwork for the parent company.
- Support internal sustainability initiatives, in addition to demonstrating a commitment to National’s Sustainability Policy and best practices where feasible by incorporating environmental, social and governance dimensions in daily business activities and decision-making.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strict adherence to the terms and provisions as detailed in National’s Employee Handbook.
- Complete compliance with National’s Regulatory Compliance Manual, Code of Ethics and underlying compliance policies and procedures.
- Actively and collaboratively participate in Staff meetings, as needed and required.
- Continue professional development as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in business, communications, or related field is required.
- A demonstrated history of at least three years of administrative, document management, or customer service experience in a professional office environment is required.
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices, applying discretion as needed. Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity, sound work ethics, and effective professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, resourceful and possess excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and successfully handle multiple projects.
- Proven expert computer indexing abilities as well as satisfactory application of correct use of the English language including grammar, spelling, punctuation and layout.
- Must be a strong communicator and highly organized, demonstrate a strong attention to detail and initiative, remain proactive and flexible relative to managing priorities, meeting professional standards, and performing vendor coordination activities. Capable of working independently or in a small collaborative team environment. Must be open to and appreciate constructive feedback as a mechanism for professional development.
- Must demonstrate an interest in understanding real estate development, construction, architecture, and urban planning administration.
- Possess aptitude for learning new technology applications, and current proficiency in intermediate level MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and Adobe. SharePoint and MS Project are a plus.
- This job primarily operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Periodic travel to the parent company office in Washington, D.C. is required in order to attend staff meetings and other events.
The work environment and physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employee in this position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at National will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. National does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Facilities Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.