NexMetro Communities, a leading multifamily developer headquartered in Phoenix, is seeking a results-oriented, proactive individual to join its team as a Senior Analyst. This position will work closely with NexMetro’s Investment Associate and Chief Investment Officer to vet, finance and support the sales of prospective development opportunities. Duties include financial modeling, forecasting, underwriting, business analytics, market analysis, and due diligence.The ideal candidate is a high performer with a minimum of 1-year experience in real estate, investment/acquisitions or lending. This position is located in Phoenix in NexMetro’s headquarter office.
NexMetro is one of the nation’s largest single-family rental community developers, specializing in building residences for consumers seeking a place that rents like an apartment but lives like a home. A pioneer in the space, NexMetro has over $800M in development completed or underway, comprised of approximately 30 properties spanning locales from Arizona to Florida. We are an entrepreneurial company with a strong, passionate company culture, and we are seeking team members with a similar mindset.
- In the due diligence and conceptual design phase, evaluate the property and its development potential, and identify areas of risk.
- Prepare business analytics/underwriting for development projects often with complicated borrowing structures, waterfalls, and ownership structures.
- Review property operating statements, leases, rent rolls, and development budgets to perform detailed return analysis.
- Participate in the preparation of investment memoranda for presentation to the Investment Committee.
- Prepare and maintain dashboards and key market metrics with a focus on forecast accuracy and market trends.
- Contribute to marketing, fundraising, and client relations efforts by providing as-needed information on asset performance, forecasted results, and distributions.
- Conduct ad-hoc market and financial analysis as well as all other duties as directed and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
- Stay informed of current industry and market trends including attending industry conferences.
- Represent NexMetro Development, LLC in a professional manner at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in real estate, investment or lending.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks.
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual with strong sense of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to perform tasks and achieve results independently or as a part of a team.
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills including the ability to build and critique investment models.
- Superior Excel skills, with competency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Competency in financial statement analysis, real estate valuation, accounting and finance
- Effectiveness in reviewing own work to achieve high levels of accuracy.
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.