This position is focused exclusively on the analytical support for the Retail Team in the Orlando office which sells and finances shopping centers and single-tenant / NNN retail properties. The candidate will be involved in every stage of the transaction, including underwriting, market research, property tours, preparation of offering memorandums, marketing and term sheet negotiation, closing and client meetings and events.
Prepare investment advisory and financing offering packages for commercial retail real estate transactions which includes, but is not limited to:
- Abstracting lease documents for pertinent lease language (e.g. co-tenancy, exclusives, ROFO/ROFR, termination rights / sales kickout clauses)
- Reviewing property financial documents (e.g. operating statements, tenant reconciliations, appraisals, budgets, and tenant sales, property condition, aged receivables, and environmental reports)
- Conducting local market research per CoStar, Real Capital Analytics and local news journals to obtain sales comps, lease comps, and trade area economic drivers
- Preparing detailed financial models to project a pro-forma cash flow and valuation range utilizing Argus and Excel
- Manage the due diligence process and be the driving force in working through the marketing and closing processes for each transaction, and to be in constant communication with the HFF Investment Advisor, Investors and the Client
- Preparation of weekly marketing status reports to be distributed to clients, summarizing weekly deal activities
- Prepare weekly team business development agendas utilizing Salesforce to target prospective clients and obtain initial leads
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in a financial analysis, accounting or appraisal environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry preferred.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and having strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal quantitative, writing, and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives and clients.
- Strong analytical and general quantitative skills, with a strong attention to detail with data collection, validation, auditing and accuracy
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in all situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Real Estate Broker or Salesperson’s license, a plus
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Proficient in Argus Enterprise
- Salesforce CRM experience, a plus
- Adobe Design Suite (InCopy, Illustrator), a plus
- Office – work with computers, copiers, and scanners.
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.