DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Alpha Capital is a boutique commercial real estate capital markets firm focused on originating debt and equity capital structures for all asset classes ranging from $3M - $500M nationwide, headquartered in Chicago. See website for more information at alphacapitalcre.com
The Alpha Capital team is seeking an experienced investment professional to join their team. The position will play a highly visible and key role in the transaction process assisting deal teams in the sourcing and evaluating the appropriate capital sources for all commercial real estate projects throughout the US. This key role will oversee the analyst and work directly with all producers in generating new business as well as executing transactions. This role will provide an experienced individual a platform to grow and build relationships while working with seasoned producers. We believe in building each person’s network and support business development activities and want each person to grow their network while leveraging the existing team.
- Participate in the sourcing, assessment and structuring of debt and equity opportunities
- Managing analyst who is responsible for initial underwrite of all deals and creating offering memorandums/teasers for the office.
- Develop a greater understand of targeting the appropriate capital sources for each deal. Working closely with each producer on all types of deals while learning how to put the appropriate capital stacks together.
- Work directly with each producer on marketing the transaction to the investor community and executing on each transaction for a fee.
- Will require some travel.
The responsibilities above are solely representative and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Responsibilities may vary with an individual’s experience.
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance, Real Estate, Economics or Mathematics, with demonstrated academic excellence from a credible four-year institution.
- Two to five years of relevant experience, preferably within capital markets, transaction-based roles or investment banking.
- Exceptionally strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills. Ability to network and provide team building with business development
- Proficient computer skills (MS – Word, PP, Excel), especially in financial modeling (IRR, Multiple, NPV, Discount Rates, Waterfalls, etc.). This is your primary job, but will also over-see putting together offering memorandums, teasers, and investor lists. You will also be very involved in the closing process for most deals.
- Knowledge and experience of Indesign for Offering Memorandums is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to various audiences. The individual will communicate with analysts, senior management, investors, lenders, partners, etc. Communicates clearly and with appropriate urgency.
- Able to manage others, delegating/reviewing work and prioritizing work flows.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively both individually as well as part of a team (internal and external). Exceptional time management and prioritization are necessary to succeed in a fast-paced environment where the individual is required to manage multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Extremely high level of integrity, dependability, accountability and respect. Takes ownership of tasks and pride in work product.
- Capital Markets
- Investment Banking
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job