Property Leasing and Management firm, focused on the development, operation, and management of commercial, retail and mixed used spaces, seeks experienced Financial Controller to oversee and manage all aspects of the Accounting department.
Controller role includes financial management, financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
What You’ll Do:
- Leadership and management of accounting staff
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages and present at quarterly Partnership meetings
- Coordinate and prepare the annual budget and financial forecasts.
- Interface with external auditors and support the annual audit
- Work with financial institutions to manage accounts, monitor debt service, maintain online access, wire funds, negotiate services.
- Manage and comply with local and state reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- CPA required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 10+ years of progressive accounting work experience. Former Controller experience required.
- Commercial Real Estate / Property Management knowledge preferred
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.