PRG Real Estate is looking for a self-motivated, analytical and organized individual with a keen attention to detail to join our Asset Management team as our new Project Manager. Reporting into the Director of Asset Management, the Project Manager supports the Asset Management and Construction team with capital improvement projects throughout the multifamily portfolio. The Project Manager is responsible for reviewing bids, preparing contracts, tracking project schedules, inspecting work, and maintaining budgets.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares contracts and tracks project schedules and deadlines for capital projects.
- Tracks project schedules, deadlines, and budgets.
- Assists with annual construction and renovation budget creation for the entire portfolio of properties.
- Communicates effectively with inspectors, consultants, contractors, and national vendors.
- Coordinates all parties involved in a project including architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, city officials, and the on-site property team.
- Regularly travels to inspect project sites.
- Logs invoices for construction projects in Excel.
- Manages portfolio contracts and vendors (utility billing, waste removal, signage, etc.).
- Coordinates property inspections and repairs.
- Maintains organized file structure and edits, compiles, and drafts documents.
- Ensures contracts are signed and saved in the appropriate location on the Company server.
- Tracks compliance of portfolio standardization projects.
- Supports the due diligence process during property acquisition by assessing building condition, recommending improvement projects, estimating costs, and creating a 1 to 5-year construction budget.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong project management experience in organizing, planning, and supporting the execution of large-scale projects.
- Strong organizational skills to enable effective management of multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with individuals at all levels of responsibility.
- Team player, who works well with others, is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; Advanced MS Excel skills preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Project Management, Engineering, Architectural, or Construction Management degree strongly preferred.
- Asset Management
- Project Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.