Job Summary: This position will oversee asset management activities for a new West Coast Value-Add Fund. Projects include 2 existing multi-family apartment buildings as well as planned new acquisitions of value-add residential and office product. The individual will oversee preparation and monitoring of business plans, all asset renovation work, and serve as the Fund representative to the property in addition to working with internal and external property managers to review, evaluate and improve asset performance. This individual will also work closely with our investment team on new acquisitions and efforts to grow the portfolio.
- Work with Company management to establish 3 year business plans for all existing and new assets. Establish asset specific strategies that produce long term growth in asset value and cash flow;
- Oversee third party property managers (and in certain cases internal property managers) to meet financial and strategic property plans;
- Monitor asset performance including Revenue, NOI, cash flow and asset values and progress towards achieving asset strategies;
- Work with Acquisitions Team to provide input on underwriting assets, perform due diligence and evaluating assets for potential disposition. Work on property closings and initial set up of assets upon acquisition;
- Be the owner representative on assets being overseen on issues associated with venture partners, lenders, and vendors and co-investments (if applicable);
- Work with internal accounting team on quarterly reporting requirements;
- Engage with property management and company management to develop strategies to improve property performance;
- Incorporate a value-oriented approach to decision making by analyzing major capital decisions, ROI investments decisions, contracts, etc. at the properties. Negotiate contracts, leases as necessary;
- Complete regular tours of the properties to ensure proper maintenance of the property and efficient and effective performance of staff and third party providers;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required;
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience demonstrated real estate asset management experience preferably with experience working on multi-family real estate;
- Has managed more than 3 west coast multifamily properties;
- Prior experience implementing repositioning and redevelopment projects; ability to work in cross functional teams;
- Ability to think and act strategically with experience analyzing leasing and investment decisions;
- Strong negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to work independently;
- Background in reviewing financial reports and communicating results;
- Experience analyzing competitive market information and establishing performance benchmarks;
- Must have a true entrepreneurial spirit, and desire to excel;
- Willing to travel through West Coast. Available to be out of office up to 30% of a year.
- Asset Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.