Madison Capital Group, LLC is seeking a senior member of the Madison team responsible for the company’s direct real estate investment activities including the acquisition of existing multifamily properties in designated markets. This includes all multifamily property types, market analysis/selection, deal sourcing, underwriting, preparing investment committee materials and relationship-building. Also, responsible to work with the operations team and senior management to establish the company’s short-term and long-term investment strategies aimed at expanding the company’s portfolio and maximizing the value of its portfolio.
Since 2009 MCG has been involved with the development and acquisition of over 14,000 apartment units in the Southeast and Texas. Our primary focus is to acquire value add and core apartment communities in the secondary and primary markets in the Southeast. MCG has an impeccable track record of finding opportunities and creating value.
Ideally we want this candidate based in our Charleston, SC office but will also consider someone to be based in our Charlotte and Nashville office.
- Responsible for the sourcing, underwriting and execution of investment opportunities in designated markets, working with leadership, Portfolio Management and other departments to create a business plan for each investment opportunity.
- Develop, maintain, and manage real estate network to source investment opportunities, including spending significant time in the designated markets.
- Track and maintain a pipeline of deals whether they are on market, off-market, or have sold to another buyer.
- Assist in preparing investment presentations and offering memorandums for each acquisition to include detailed business plans that have annual operating plans, financial forecasts and strategic plans.
- Assist in creating comprehensive due diligence procedures on investment opportunities, including market, site and zoning assessments
- Work with Manager and Executive Leadership to help structure, negotiate, and close transactions.
- Assist in the developing, communicating, and implementation of the investment strategy to include the potential of assisting raising capital and identifying equity partners.
- Represent MCG at industry events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of real estate investment experience in the multifamily industry, ideally with acquisition experience.
- Experience working across the full timeline of a deal including initial review, underwriting, investment committee, due diligence, development (as appropriate) and asset management.
- Experience and comfort to independently field investor questions.
- Excellent financial modeling, research, quantitative and analytical skills combined with a growing network of relationships to source investment opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work with internal and external business partners, consultants, and clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing to senior management and clients.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently and within a fast-paced, team environment.
- Highly organized and skilled at prioritization and time management.
- Adept communicator both orally and written.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in performance.
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.