Bayside Realty Partners is Northern California’s largest private firm specializing in the property management and leasing of medical office properties. With offices in San Francisco, the Peninsula, Fremont and Napa, Bayside offers coverage in every Bay Area marketplace. Our owner clients include healthcare systems, insurance companies, pension funds, REITs, healthcare districts and private investors. We also represent healthcare systems, multi-specialty and independent practices in their space needs.
The Property Manager is responsible for the management and some leasing of a portfolio of predominantly medical office buildings with some smaller office and industrial properties. The successful candidate will have a background in property operations, construction management, and leasing. The Property Manager must have the ability to adapt to the goals, strategies, and objectives of a variety of clients. This is a home-based position to start, with the possibility of being assigned to one or more on-site property management offices in the greater Bay Area, including, but not limited to, San Carlos, San Francisco, and Berkeley.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of employees within designated portfolio. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project including leasing, maintenance and repair, janitorial, security, engineering and life-safety.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly management and financial reports.
- Responsible for annual budget preparation and mid/end of year reconciliations.
- Review and approve all contracts, expenditures, and purchase orders related to the property.
- Solicit bids from vendors for work performed in buildings and award contracts; maintain a working knowledge of all vendor contracts and ensure compliance with same.
- Have sufficient knowledge of construction to coordinate and oversee all construction work to ensure that all alterations are performed in accordance with building standards, applicable lease provisions and local code requirements.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a proactive tenant relations program.
- Be familiar with tenant leases and particularly with clauses affecting the operation of the building.
- Responsible for supporting the leasing and marketing program for project. Ensure positive relations with procuring agents. Take the lead in lease negotiations and monitor development of lease documents.
- Direct and monitor legal counsel's production of legal documents and other legal activities including litigation.
- Sets operating policy consistent with the objectives of Ownership.
- Responsible for contracting, training, motivating and managing building personnel. Prepare and conduct performance evaluations.
- Property Manager shall be thoroughly familiar with the accounting requirements of the properties and shall ensure that all reporting requirements are met on a timely and accurate basis.
- Property Manager shall be thoroughly familiar with the management contract and all requirements contained therein.
- Monitor and ensure that tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required.
- Primary responsibility for renewal leasing at most properties, and assist with vacancy leasing at some assets.
Minimum 5 years' experience as a property manager of commercial real estate is required.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills required.
Undergraduate degree or equivalent education\experience required. Professional designation preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Competent in accounting systems.
- Ability to use other software programs as required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Active CA Real Estate Salesperson License required
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES (preferred)
- Industry specific experience
- Experience with business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Benefits include two weeks of paid vacation, in addition to company holidays, medical and dental, AD&D and life insurance, and 401K with partial matching. If the Property Manager elects to decline the company medical insurance, 50% of the amount the insurance would have otherwise cost the company will be provided as additional salary.
Additionally, to the extent the Property Manager is instrumental in sourcing new business for the company, they will participate in the following ways on new business generated:
- Tenant representation commissions as a result of a lead from the existing managed portfolio: 25% of commission to company
- Other brokerage business (tenant representation, listing, or investment sales) generated and executed by other employees: 25% of commission to company
- New property management business: 25% of the profits to company from the assignment over 2 years, assuming continuous employment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. It requires effective eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. It also requires the ability to speak, hear, to use hands and fingers to feel and handle or operate controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, kneel and climb ladders.
- Project Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job