As our Senior Director, Real Estate Equity Investments, Acquisitions, you will source and pursue real estate equity investment opportunities on a diversified asset class basis. Your responsibilities will include managing and developing relationships with brokers, owners, developers and other market participants and sourcing, analyzing and originating new equity investment opportunities including existing core and value-add properties as well as development deals. You will identify attractive opportunities and effectively execute transactions to support our Real Estate Department’s overall investment and strategic goals. Other responsibilities may include both asset management and sale of existing Guardian real estate investments.
- Develop strategic relationships in areas Guardian has identified as prime investment markets. Manage and evaluate existing relationships with an emphasis on production.
- Source and evaluate market opportunities to invest in commercial real estate equity. Evaluate risk associated with each deal and make recommendations to Head of Real Estate Equity Investments regarding pricing, anticipated investment returns, deal structure and risks incorporating current market conditions and overall portfolio considerations.
- Manage bid process and negotiations with intermediaries and principals.
- Prepare and review Purchase and Sale Agreement, Operating Agreements and related acquisition/development documents with in-house and outside counsel. Oversee all aspects of the due diligence process including internal review and management of third-party consultants. Develop and present the committee approval package inclusive of comprehensive analysis of valuation, deal structure and market. Work with internal and external associates to facilitate the closing process. Review and evaluate external reports on each deal (environmental, property condition, lease review, construction documents, etc.)
- Perform ongoing analysis and evaluation of geographic markets and investment risks to maximize investment opportunities utilizing your extensive knowledge of opportunities in each market.
- Demonstrate a collaborative team approach in the overall production process. Work with and provide feedback to the Head of Real Estate Equity Investments and associates regarding review and evaluation of commercial mortgage and real estate equity committee presentation material.
As our Senior Director, Real Estate Equity Investments, Acquisitions, you will report to our Senior Managing Director, Head of Real Estate Equity Investments who reports to our Executive Vice President, Chief Investment Officer.
- 10-15 years of experience in real estate equity acquisitions.
- Strong track record of sourcing and acquiring real estate equity deals, including acquisition of existing properties and underwriting and structuring development deals.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate acquisition and development agreements and to manage due diligence and closing processes.
- Broad existing network of contacts with brokers, developers and owners of institutional quality real estate.
- Experienced in acquisition and development underwriting.
- Experience with Industrial, Retail, Multifamily, Office and Hospitality property types.
- Extensive real estate valuation experience, including discounted cash flow analysis experience, with functional knowledge of ARGUS Enterprise and spreadsheet-based financial modeling.
- Ability to manage complex property-level due diligence processes, working independently and with Guardian legal and tax departments as well as engaging and overseeing appropriate third-party consultants.
- Experience in legal closing processes associated with real estate equity acquisitions and ground-up development.
- Understanding of capital markets’ influence on the commercial real estate market.
- Asset management experience.
- High energy with strong interpersonal and marketing skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Collaborative and skillful relationship management.
- Adaptive and passionate with effective communications skills.
- Strategic thinker, proactive and engaging team player, ability to mentor junior colleagues.
We are working remotely until our offices reopen. Once we reopen our offices, you will be based in our new offices in Hudson Yards in New York, NY.
Substantial travel is required for this role.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. We help people and their families pursue financial security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and . And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at . © Copyright 2021 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job