Analyst or Senior Analyst - Acquisitions
Leftbank is a Chicago based private equity real estate firm focused on acquisitions, development, and property management in diverse geographic markets across the US. Leftbank invest across multiple asset classes including apartments and industrial, and currently has investments in Tennessee, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Indiana, Illinois, and California. Recently, the firm has acquired several largescale development sites in urban markets for the development of over 1,200 new apartment units. The firm has four partners. Two of the partners have founded and taken public their former companies. The other two partners have institutional real estate backgrounds and have collectively worked on >$1 billion of total transactions.
The position is for an Acquisitions Associate. Candidates will primarily underwrite opportunities and participate in the process from initial underwriting to closing. This position will interact closely with the firm’s partners. The candidate will focus their time 50% on underwriting multifamily development, 30% on underwriting value-add apartments, and 10% on other asset classes and strategies. Leftbank is an entrepreneurial environment and each hire has ample opportunity to showcase their abilities and expand their contribution to grow within the firm. The company currently has 6 people.
- Reviewing investment offering memoranda
- Create and manipulate financial models and sensitivity analyses
- Provide analytical support to the partners
- Underwrite new opportunities including due diligence, market research, comparable leasing and sale info
- Prepare memoranda to investment committee, lenders, investors, and partners
- Coordinate acquisitions and development checklist process
- Contribute to meetings with potential equity and debt capital partners
- Assist in managing potential acquisition pipeline by staying in touch with sellers and brokers
- Assist in other projects and requests as required
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Background in finance, accounting, economics, or real estate is ideal
- 2 to 5 years of experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and work independently and as part of a team in an entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter with high level of intellectual curiosity and motivation
- Highly organized with attention to detail (important requirement)
- Familiarity with real estate finance, operations, leasing, and development concepts including DCF, NPV, IRR, cap rates, interest rates, and other building blocks of real estate
- Construction or development experience a plus but not required
- Personality that enjoys mentorship and learning
To Apply and Other Information
This is a full-time position with an immediate start date. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the market and relevant experience. Benefits are competitive, including health care. The candidate will have the opportunity to invest in projects. The Job is located in Chicago, IL at Leftbank’s corporate office.
To apply please send your resume and include a few sentences as a cover letter. Feel free to attach any relevant work items such as a financial model or presentation you have put together. Please no calls.
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
Apply for this job