Launched 16 years ago, Foundry Commercial was created to be a different kind of real estate company. Our motto – “It’s Personal” – rings true in everything we do… we value authentic human experiences. At Foundry, we serve our clients and partners best by attracting and unleashing the most talented and courageous professionals in industry, all while having fun and building a lasting impact on the broader community. Don’t just take our word for it. The best way to experience our culture is to immerse yourself in it. But be prepared – it’s contagious.
We are currently seeking a Deal Principal to join our Development and Investments (“D&I”) team in Atlanta, GA. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned real estate investment and development professional possessing strong financial skills, business development acumen and leadership to work with the Development & Investment team in sourcing, capitalizing, and executing multiple commercial real estate acquisition and development opportunities in industrial, office, healthcare and/or retail product types in the greater Atlanta area.
Essential Job Functions:
Partner with local Foundry partners to source acquisition and development opportunities that align with Foundry’s investment objectives and guidelines. Commanding market expertise required to analyze market conditions and generate target investment opportunities.
Source new investment opportunities:
- Responsible for identification and gaining control of new investment opportunities.
- Collaborate with teams and individuals across the market to source acquisition and development investments. Key relationships include the local Foundry team, the investment sales community, brokers and third parties, among others.
- Develops relationships with, and regularly communicate with local development participants (investors, operators, developers, lenders, engineers, appraisers, etc.) to maintain knowledge of market conditions and opportunities.
- Creates and implements project business plan, securing sites, hiring A&E team, determining project execution, including hiring of management teams, determining project operating budgets, overseeing other team members’ negotiations, etc.
- Interacts with capital partners on day-to-day communications regarding project process
- Oversee the underwriting and capitalization process, including:
- Work with “Deal Hub” to prepare an analysis and review of offering materials, leases, operating statements, development budgets, equity, and debt term sheets
- Acquisition and analysis of key property and market information from deal leads, brokers, property managers
- Oversee development of advanced financial models and analysis using Argus and MS Excel
- Oversee preparation of investment committee memos, equity/debt packages, presentations and reports for investors and lenders.
- Perform market research for capital market conditions, submarkets, and properties. Based on the research, recommend, and implement assumptions for models as well as prepare periodic presentations.
- Manage the due diligence and closing process including review of third-party reports, property/tenant information, JV and debt documentation, and closing statements.
- Develop relationships with potential capital partners, lenders, brokers, property managers, etc. to source and capitalize investment opportunities.
Education and Experience Requested:
- Must have an Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Finance or Real Estate with 10+ years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate development or investment; Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to source acquisition and development opportunities across office, retail and industrial asset classes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broader Atlanta market required, additional market knowledge of the Southeastern US preferred.
- Excellent business development, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills with a proven track record.
- Established ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, managers, lenders, partners, and third parties
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is preferred – demonstrated ability in conducting data analysis and real estate financial modeling, including complex debt and equity partnership structures.
- Advanced proficiency in analytical writing – proven ability to effectively communicate and present well-reasoned, data-supported thoughts and ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Strong research, writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time manager – demonstrated track record ability to consistently manage multiple projects with accuracy, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Extremely high energy, fast-paced and driven to succeed.
- Keen ability to work efficiently autonomously or as a member of a team.
Foundry Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Foundry Commercial is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every job. It is the policy of Foundry Commercial to grant equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions, veteran's status, or any other conditions or identifications against which discrimination is prohibited.
7+ to 10 years