Clarion Partners has been a leading real estate investment manager for 40+ years. Headquartered in New York, the firm maintains strategically located offices across the United States and Europe. With $79.8 billion in total real estate and debt assets under management, Clarion Partners offers a broad range of real estate strategies across the risk/return spectrum to approximately 500 institutional investors across the globe. Visit www.clarionpartners.com for more information.
Dallas TX based Industrial Construction \ Development Manager to lead all aspects of light industrial\warehouse development projects from inception to completion including land acquisition, due diligence, design, entitlements, contracting, construction management, close out and potentially first-generation Tenant Improvements.
- The role will report to a Regional Development Manager and will include close collaboration with internal Asset Management and Acquisition teams.
- The role will consist of management of both self-development and Joint Venture development.
- Coordinate and manage all aspect of construction and developments with our Joint Venture partners.
- Support the regional Development Managers in all aspects of construction and corporate initiatives.
- The role will involve speculative and build-to-suit pursuits, Tenant Improvements of shell space and need to support asset management with large scale or complex capital improvement projects.
- Manage multiple developments ranging from $5M-$300+M,
- Support Acquisition team and JV partners with site selection, land due diligence and feasibility studies.
- Issue, negotiate and coordinate design and construction contracts.
- Review and negotiate change orders.
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of the design and review.
- Value engineering, pricing analysis, track market cost and labor trends.
- Support the industrial team with underwriting and investment committee preparation.
- Track, manage and report schedules and budgets to the industrial team.
- Facilitate LEED and ESG teams as required to achieve corporate of fund level goals.
- Actively participate in project specific development/construction meetings.
- Assist and\or lead project close out.
- 5-10 years of comprehensive real estate development/construction experience in the industrial sector. Preference to have held roles as a general contractor, civil engineer, or architect.
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects in various phases simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree BS\BA in a related field.
- Industrial Build to Suit and Speculative development experience is preferred.
- Individual who is highly motivated, self-driven, performing their work with professionalism and the highest of integrity.
- Computer competency with scheduling software, Google Earth, Microsoft tools and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel (10-25%) to manage developments.
- Experience negotiating construction and design consultant’s contracts.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and JV partners and promote a positive, can-do attitude that is team oriented.
5+ to 7 years