This position is focused primarily on the sale or financing of commercial real estate. In addition to the involvement in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, preparation of offering memoranda and closing, the Senior Associate will train and lead analysts on both Investment Advisory and Debt underwriting. Will work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions including office, industrial, retail, multi-housing, hotels and utilizing market and HFF data/comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of investment advisory and financing packages, including financial modeling.
- Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively utilize data to determine trends and prepare for pitches and meetings.
- Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
- Participate in weekly office meetings with Producers to discuss deal flow, deal status and market conditions.
- Have a strong understanding of how HFF's lines of business work together.
- Mentor junior associates and analysts in real estate underwriting / financial modeling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry preferred.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; able to interface with top-level executives.
- Strong ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Bachelor s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA is a plus, but not required.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, and Word.
- Expertise in Argus and Microsoft Excel
- Data base experience a plus.