TCR is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to process existing development pursuits and assist with underwriting new target opportunities. This position will report to the VP of Development in TCR’s Atlanta Division. The position is focused on the ground-up development of market-rate multifamily rental projects. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with numerous roles from underwriting potential new developments to processing existing opportunities. A vehicle will be required for site visits and to attend meetings in the Atlanta and Charlotte MSAs. The ideal applicant will have experience processing development in the Atlanta and/or Charlotte area, zoning and permitting processes and working with architects and general contractors.
- Conduct research and analysis for the development team for the pursuit of new development including research, market analysis and preliminary due diligence.
- Communicate with brokers, land owners, county officials other offices to gain information on potential development sites.
- Submit data and research information for preliminary due diligence including soft cost research, preliminary environmental analysis, preliminary specification analysis, market analysis, financial feasibility, and presentations.
- Coordinate with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, project managers and other team members.
- Research zoning and master plan information, new development pipeline, transportation improvement plans and building and permit codes and fees.
- Oversee construction draw process and develop monthly project reports.
- Conduct comparative analysis to determine competitive rent rates, demographic analysis and competitive amenities offered in development area.
- Create pro forma for new developments including market information, operating expense data and estimated hard and soft costs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate or other related field.
- 2-4 years in Real Estate development and/or construction, multi-family specific experience preferred.
- Experience with coordinating consultants during design/ development process and tracking budget, change orders, construction reports, preferred but not required.
- Highly analytical and research driven.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills to prepare in-depth data and research analysis.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local codes preferred.
- Polished communicator with ability to maintain strong working relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.